Specialty casualty solutions for the wholesale market
Some companies have unique operations and face niche or hard-to-place liability exposures. Our specialty casualty solutions from Ironshore help protect businesses against a wide variety of liability risks across a diverse mix of industry classes.
Offering structured programs and terms and conditions to address a wide range of complex exposures, our team can develop flexible solutions to meet the needs of the wholesale market.
In the construction industry, even a “simple” project can result in complex liability challenges. Our construction solutions from Ironshore deliver expert underwriting, responsive service, and targeted solutions for the construction sector.
- Designers and contractors professional liability. Helps protect design-build contractors against claims alleging defects or other mistakes during construction projects.
- Owners protected and professional indemnity. Offers added protection over primary professional liability policies and can help safeguard project owners against damages resulting from first- and third-party claims of negligence.
- Preferred practice classes: civil contractors, communication contractors, electrical contractors, HVAC/mechanical contractors, commercial general contractors
- Selective practice classes: machines/equipment contractors, process engineers/contractors, soil and geotech contractors, structural contractors, residential general contractors
- Preferred project types: municipal, manufacturing/industrial hospitality, institutional, apartments, retail and commercial, infrastructure (roads/bridges/rail)
- Selective project types: heavy civil, convention centers, stadiums, arenas, oil and gas downstream, casino and resorts, residential
Excess and umbrella liability
Our excess and umbrella liability solutions from Ironshore can help protect businesses’ catastrophic claims. Our team is ready to deliver expert underwriting, responsive service, and tailored solutions.
- Up to $10M lead umbrella capacity
- Up to $25M excess capacity
- Available on an occurrence or claims-made basis
- Financial institutions
- Fortune 1000 companies
- Higher education
- Real estate and hotels
- Wrap-ups and projects
Our general liability solutions from Ironshore offer a flexible approach and comprehensive coverage for an array of general liability risks.
- Primary limits: $1M/$2M/$2M, $2M/$2M/$2M, $2M/$4M/$4M
- Available on a claims-made and occurrence basis
- Cell tower
- Commercial artisan trade contractors
- Commercial general contractors (including apartments)
- Commercial wrap/PS/OI
- Equipment rental and installation
- Fire suppression
- Agriculture equipment/tools
- Auto parts manufacturing
- Bicycle parts and accessory manufacturers (no e-bike)
- Commercial modular building manufacturers
- Industrial parts manufacturers
- Machinery manufacturers
- Trailer manufacturers
- Selective classes
- Discontinued products/operations
- Habitational/Real estate OL&T
- Hotels and motels
- Miscellaneous services/operations
- Restaurants (low liquor)
This website is intended to be informational and is solely for the use of properly licensed insurance professionals. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds. Coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.