Specialty casualty solutions for the wholesale market
Some companies have unique operations and face niche or hard-to-place liability exposures. Our specialty casualty solutions from Ironshore help protect businesses against a wide variety of liability risks across a diverse mix of industry classes.
Offering structured programs and terms and conditions to address a wide range of complex exposures, our team can develop flexible solutions to meet the needs of the wholesale market.
Excess and umbrella liability
Our excess and umbrella liability solutions from Ironshore can help protect businesses’ catastrophic claims. Our team is ready to deliver expert underwriting, responsive service, and tailored solutions.
- Up to $5M in supported lead umbrella capacity
- Up to $25M excess capacity
- Available on an occurrence or claims-made basis
- Higher education
- Construction Practice
- Manufacturers (non-industrial heavy equipment, food & beverage)
- Real estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sporting Teams and Venues
Our general liability solutions from Ironshore offer a flexible approach and comprehensive coverage for an array of general liability risks.
- Primary limits: $1M/$2M/$2M, $2M/$2M/$2M, $2M/$4M/$4M
- Available on a claims-made and occurrence basis
- Commercial contractors
- Commercial wrap-ups and projects
- Real estate
- Misc. service operations
In the construction industry, even a “simple” project can result in complex liability challenges. Our construction solutions from Ironshore deliver expert underwriting, responsive service, and targeted solutions for the construction sector.
- Designers and contractors professional liability. Helps protect design-build contractors against claims alleging defects or other mistakes during construction projects.
- Owners protected and professional indemnity. Offers added protection over primary professional liability policies and can help safeguard project owners against damages resulting from first- and third-party claims of negligence. Learn more
- Preferred practice classes: civil contractors, communication contractors, electrical contractors, HVAC/mechanical contractors, commercial general contractors
- Selective practice classes: machines/equipment contractors, process engineers/contractors, soil and geotech contractors, structural contractors, residential general contractors
- Preferred project types: municipal, manufacturing/industrial hospitality, institutional, apartments, retail and commercial, infrastructure (roads/bridges/rail)
- Selective project types: heavy civil, convention centers, stadiums, arenas, oil and gas downstream, casino and resorts, residential
When work takes place on or close to railroad tracks, having the right insurance protection is critical. We are ready to help, bringing expert underwriting, responsive service, and targeted solutions to address the unique and complex exposures of the railroad sector.
Our railroad liability solution helps protect railroad operations against first- and third-party risks and includes the following coverages:
- Commercial Railroad Liability
- Excess liability (property and liability)
- General liability (GL)
- Railcar lessors (contingent liability)
- Railroad property
- Railroad protective liability
- Tourist railroad liability
- Primary and excess limits up to $25M (excluding primary GL)
- Primary general liability limits up to $5M
- Property limits up to $10M
- Available on a claims-made and occurrence basis for liability coverages
Our solutions are ideally suited for freight and passenger railroads, railcar lessors, railroad excursion and passenger operations, and track and maintenance contractors.
This website is intended to be informational and is solely for the use of properly licensed insurance professionals. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds. Coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.