Directors and officers liability
Protection for leaders
Directors and officers of organizations, whether public, private, or not-for-profit, are facing higher scrutiny than ever before. The business landscape is shifting, with economic volatility, bankruptcies, and employee layoffs all creating new exposures that can result in lawsuits.
Our directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance solutions can help protect an organization’s leaders from claims arising from their management decisions and actions. Customers also rest easier knowing they’re backed by our strength, stability, and specialized skills to fully address their D&O challenges.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Across various company structures and industries, our D&O solutions from Ironshore can help protect a business and its leaders against costly lawsuits related to issues such as:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Libel, slander, or defamation
- Noncompliance with regulation or laws
- Reporting errors or misrepresentation
We provide flexible coverage options, including:
- Capacity up to $25M on primary and excess basis for private and not-for-profit organizations
- Capacity up to $25M on excess basis for public companies
- Full entity coverage
- A single retention for related wrongful acts
- No panel counsel requirement
- No hammer clause
And for both public and private organizations, our Side A liability solution offers broad protection for directors and officers from nonindemnifiable claims, as well as difference-in-conditions (DIC) enhancements.
With our D&O solutions, key professionals can focus on what matters most to their organizations – while we focus on protecting against complex litigation.
Our D&O underwriting and claims teams work together to not only understand the structure of each customer’s organization, but also their industry and tolerance for risk.
So, whether it’s for a political action committee, a tech start-up, or a healthcare organization, our D&O savvy is the power behind every policy.
We bring an entity-specific approach to our D&O solutions, offering coverages tailored to:
- Not-for-profit organizations. By offering broad definitions of insureds, employees, wrongful acts, and claim types, we help keep not-for-profit organizations on mission and protected from liability issues ranging from trademark infringement to nonemployment discrimination.
- Private companies. Through combining D&O and employment practices coverage in a single package, with options like aggregated limits for fiduciary, crime insurance, and more, we help protect the personal assets of leaders as well as the financial well-being of the company.
- Public companies. We offer excess protection for the company and its directors and officers in securities claims and allegations of individual wrongful acts as they try to represent the interests of various stakeholders, from shareholders and employees to the government.
Better control over claims
Our claims professionals work closely with the underwriters who develop our insurance programs, so they have a deep understanding of our customers’ operations and their potential D&O exposures.
Add ongoing training, highly experienced senior claims leaders, and a culture that promotes proactive decision making and you get professionals who are empowered to resolve claims quickly and with each customer’s best interests in mind.
With our D&O solutions, customers can benefit from:
- Dedicated claims specialists with in-depth experience investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and resolving D&O liability claims
- The ability to settle claims within the retention period
- The flexibility to retain own legal counsel or select from our roster of approved attorneys
- Risk–management services
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.