Comprehensive protection for property risk
From manufacturing to healthcare, and finance to real estate, businesses in every industry need a home base. For some, it’s a single location; for others, a collection of commercial spaces around the world. No matter what form these properties take, our goal is the same: to help protect buildings, equipment, and inventory, and to help keep operations running smoothly.
Our comprehensive solutions take a flexible, full-service approach to managing property risk.
Whether it’s stand-alone or part of a larger program, ground-up or shared and layered, our coverage can help cover losses due to damaged, destroyed, or stolen business property and provide vital business interruption protection should a loss temporarily halt operations.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Businesses worldwide rely on our property solutions to help protect their physical assets and livelihoods from risks, including fire, severe weather, theft, vandalism, and more.
Across locations and industries, companies can benefit from the capacity and flexibility of our commercial property solutions:
Large and midsize property coverage highlights include:
- To meet the needs of larger organizations, there’s Premier Property Protector™. This proprietary form offers:
- Property limits of up to $1B
- All-risk flexibility to include domestic, global, shared and layered, equipment breakdown, and industry-specific needs in a single policy
- Comprehensive global coverages
- Easy-to-use structure and language
- Designed for midsize businesses, our proprietary RM Select™ form offers broad, industry-specific protection in one policy for a variety of sectors.
- Liberty Mutual Property Protector® (LMPP) is a specialized property form with insurance solutions tailored to mid-sized businesses. It provides a broad coverage base and customizable industry coverage to meet the specific needs of insureds’ business operations.
Specialty property coverage highlights include:
- Property limits of up to $25M, including, but not limited to, critical catastrophe exposures
- Flexible capacity for primary, first, and second excess and high excess positions, as well as 100 percent layer market or quota share basis on shared and layered programs
We also offer stand-alone equipment breakdown, inland and ocean marine, and war and terrorism coverages. You’ll find us in 150 countries and across an array of industries and every solution is backed by the financial strength, stability, and capacity of a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
Across our organization, our property expertise runs deep. Whether they’re around the corner or across the globe, our dedicated underwriting, risk engineering, and claims teams work together to tackle even the most complex property risks.
When you work with us, you’ll benefit from dedicated property underwriting teams that tailor industry-specific solutions to address an array of traditional and specialty property risk.
Our property risk engineers have a deep understanding of property loss trends and claim types across industries and geographies and can identify exposures and recommend practical solutions to help improve safety and mitigate loss. And we leverage the skills of dedicated property claims specialists to help minimize business interruption.
This fusion of collaboration and expertise results in a customer-centric approach that keeps your risk-management goals top of mind and helps lower your total cost of risk.
Risk engineering support
Customers with complex property exposures can also benefit from the following risk engineering support to help minimize loss and business interruption:
- The expertise of our property engineering teams to help shape an overarching risk control strategy and for location-specific insight, recommendations, and comprehensive engineering reports that drive actionable and practical risk prevention improvements
- On-location surveys, including equipment and jurisdictional servicing
- Impairment services help manage impaired fire protection systems and implement programs to minimize risk and downtime.
- Project-specific consulting in areas, including preconstruction specification and plan reviews, site surveys, severe weather hazard analyses, and more
- Education via property loss control seminars and webinars
Better control over claims
Whether business is impacted by a storm, fire, theft, or equipment malfunction, getting back to business as quickly and safely as possible is important.
Our people are at the core of our success and we empower them to make decisions and do their best for our customers every day. You’ll work with dedicated in-house property claims specialists with deep industry experience who receive extensive hands-on training on coverages, damages, and loss mitigation.
Our property customers with complex exposures can also benefit from:
- Restoration program services that provide prompt access to select reconstruction providers after a disaster
- Technology such as drones, infrared cameras, and satellites to evaluate damage
- Forensic accounting services to help quantify loss of business income
From before a loss occurs until after a claim is resolved, you can expect a streamlined experience that helps minimize business interruption.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.