Experience the Liberty Mutual difference
In a world of evolving risks, businesses need a stable, adaptive insurance partner to help protect the things that matter most.
Working together with purpose
When you work with us you’ll benefit from:
- Comprehensive commercial and specialty solutions. We offer the breadth of coverages your business needs, all in one place, tailored for flexibility.
- Industry specialization at every touchpoint. It’s our business to know your business. With experts in underwriting, risk control, claims, and more, we harness innovation to help mitigate risk at every level.
- High-quality service. You’ll work with engaged, responsive professionals, from initial underwriting and onboarding to claims management. Our teams are agile and collaborate to help ensure your program is operating for optimal results.
- A company culture that’s leading the way. From underwriting to service, it’s the people you work with that make the ultimate difference. We develop empowered teams and individuals, ensuring you get the best solutions, insights, and service.
- Our mutual advantage. Our mutual insurance status enables us to take a long-term view and wholly devote ourselves to our policyholders and partners. This unique perspective helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions, and put people first.
Our scale and financial strength
We are proud to be listed 86th on the U.S. Fortune list.1 As a leading insurer and surety provider in the U.S. and around the world, we know the true reason for our success lies with our people. In fact, we’re proud to say Liberty Mutual has made its mark as the:
- 1st in U.S. surety 2
- 1st in global surety 3
- 4th largest commercial lines writer in the U.S. 2
- 6th largest property and casualty writer in the U.S.2
- 6th largest global property and casualty insurer 4
- 8th largest surplus lines carrier in the U.S. 2
Add in strong financial ratings, plus the strength and stability to weather more than 100 years in the industry, and you can see why customers trust us to be their full-service, all-lines commercial insurance and surety experts.
Liberty is here for you. Today. Tomorrow. Together.
In a world of evolving risks, businesses need a stable, adaptive insurance partner to help protect the things that matter most. Because the challenges of today and the opportunities of tomorrow are too complex to address alone.
Our commitment to the transformative power of diversity, equity, and inclusion
We believe in recognizing, appreciating, and applying the unique insights, perspectives and backgrounds of each person. We proudly host events for our brokers, clients, and employees in an effort to help make DEI improvements across the insurance industry.Learn more
One company, a single goal: better protection
Liberty Mutual’s mid-to-large-size commercial and specialty insurance, surety, and reinsurance operations are part of Global Risk Solutions (GRS). Liberty Mutual GRS goes to market under several brands across the globe:
Specialty insurance and reinsurance products, including those of third-party capital providers, via our licensed insurance agency, Liberty Specialty Markets Agency (LSMA).
Helmsman Management Services
Helmsman Management Services is the only third-party administrator backed by the strength and expertise of a Fortune 100 company – and the flexibility to meet your business’ specific needs.
1 Based on 2022 revenue
2 Based on 2021 direct written premium
3 Based on publicly available data
4 Based on 2021 gross written premium; excludes state-owned companies.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.