Protection for schools and government entities
Whether our customers help manage towns, special districts, or public or private schools, they share a common thread: each public entity is committed to serving its community and keeping people safe.
At Liberty Mutual, we bring that same commitment to protecting the public sector, including cities, towns, fire departments, water utilities, schools, and more. We understand the unique challenges public entities see every day, from sexual misconduct and violent events to aging infrastructure and cyber threats.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
We have dedicated teams of underwriters that focus exclusively on the needs of the public sector. With unwavering attention, these professionals tailor all-lines solutions that bring together powerful core and industry-specific coverages, including:
- Accident and health
- Commercial auto
- Data and cyber security
- Employment practices liability
- Environmental liability
- Excess casualty
- Fidelity and crime
- General liability, including sewer backup and limited pollution coverage
- Law enforcement professional liability
- Property, including equipment breakdown and inland marine
- Public officials liability
- School amendatory endorsement
- School leaders errors and omissions
- Sexual misconduct and molestation
- Umbrella and excess liability
- Violent event response
- Workers compensation
And every solution is backed by the strength, stability, and experience of a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
There’s never been a more demanding time for schools and government entities. In response, our underwriting, risk control, account service, and claims teams draw on their deep experience to identify and respond effectively to key public sector issues, including:
- Aging infrastructure
- Cyberattacks and data breaches
- Employment–related issues, including discrimination, retaliation, and termination
- Premises safety and violent events
- Sexual misconduct and molestation
Customers rely on us for guidance and resources to help address industry, regulatory, and other challenges that affect public entities, from safeguarding against cyberattacks to maintaining virtual classrooms. Our teams take a consultative approach to develop practical, holistic strategies to help protect your employees, property, and community.
Services in sync
Count on us to deliver responsive service and support, whether we’re helping you onboard smoothly, solidify a building security plan, or recover after a data breach. Our teams see every interaction as an opportunity to exceed expectations.
With our public entities offering, customers can benefit from:
- In-house claims professionals comprising claims handlers, attorneys, medical professionals, and special investigators who are empowered to deliver the best possible outcomes
- A human resources risk-management helpline and website1
- Boiler inspection services that can provide state-required certificates2
- Professional building appraisals3
- A secure portal for account management and to report casualty claims via our risk-management information system
- Safety and risk mitigation guidance and materials available online and by phone
Count on us for flexible insurance programs, proactive service, and high-quality claims experiences that will help you realize a lower total cost of risk.
Industry in focus
We offer tailored protection for a broad array of public entities:
- Cities, towns, townships, and counties
- Fire departments
- Parks and recreation departments
- Sanitation and solid waste management
- Street and road maintenance departments
- Water utilities
- Charter and magnet schools
- Church schools
- Colleges and universities with fewer than 10,000 full-time students
- Community or junior colleges
- Cyber, virtual, or online schools
- K-12 schools
- Montessori schools
- Post-secondary trade or vocational schools
- PTAs, PTOs, booster clubs, parent groups
Averting the threat of violence in schools and public entities: 4 steps to emergency preparedness planning
1 The helpline and online content are provided by Workplace HELPLINE® LLC, d/b/a Enquiron, and its vendors, and not by Liberty Mutual Insurance or any of its affiliates.
2 When accompanied by our equipment breakdown coverage.
3 The building appraisals are provided by Duff & Phelps, LLC, and its affiliates, and not by Liberty Mutual Insurance or any of its affiliates.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.