Sharing economy & new mobility
More flexibility, evolving risks
Mobility itself is on the move. Today, privately owned vehicles and public transportation share the road with a third option: shared transportation services.
But when vehicles are shared and technology is evolving, where are the risks, threats, and liabilities? How are claims addressed and resolved?
To fulfill its potential, new mobility needs an equally agile and flexible insurance carrier along for the ride. By working with an insurer that knows the lay of the land — down to every twist, turn, and potential pothole — new mobility providers can not only create superior products and services, but better position themselves for growth further along the road.
A shared partnership
Innovative solutions for new risks
Our dedicated Sharing Economy & New Mobility practice offers custom coverages, regulatory expertise, pricing options, and claims experience to manage the complexity of this emerging market effectively. Our areas of focus include:
- Ride hail and on-demand delivery
- Vehicle sharing
- Subscription auto use
- Autonomous vehicles
With a healthy appetite for the new mobility space, we can build customized solutions and offer flexible financial programs with multiple collateral options.
And every solution is backed by our financial strength, security, and capacity as a Fortune 100 company.
As a leader in new mobility, we have the expertise and tailored solutions to help businesses grow with confidence in an industry moving at light speed.
We combine the depth of a world-recognized, Fortune 100 brand with ground-level shared mobility experience to solve for the whole ecosystem through:
- Insurance solutions that help make your products more desirable and easier to consume
- Flexible partnerships that help you benefit from our design, execution, and marketing expertise
- A dedicated team of industry experts that understands the business pressures and requirements unique to shared mobility for responsive underwriting, product development, and claims handling
- Claims handling that navigates complex liabilities, helps our customers manage their claims exposures, and keeps their operations running
- Industry and business partnerships to help foster collaboration, promote public education, and define safety standards within the autonomous vehicle sector
A scalable approach
Whether it’s at the “proof of concept” stage or “market conquest,” we help prepare our customers for the entire product journey with a consistent, stable, and flexible insurance foundation backed by:
- Regulatory intelligence. We can help navigate the complex jurisdictional and compliance landscape, so customers can move into new and emerging markets quickly.
- Custom coverages. We have insurance products and capabilities for shared mobility — auto, excess, captives, surplus, and more.
- Data and pricing sophistication. By leveraging our extensive data, customers can find the price points that balance risks and opportunities to drive profitability.
- Dynamic risk control. We can recommend practical ways to help manage exposures, assess at-risk driver profiles, and establish best practices for vehicle operators.
- Claims expertise. Our dedicated team handles shared mobility claims from beginning to end. We bring together the best of personal and commercial expertise to address claims — from high volumes of auto physical damage to complex liability claims.
Count on us for holistic risk-management strategies to address the needs of the sharing economy and new mobility sector.
To learn more about our capabilities, contact your broker or Liberty Mutual representative.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.