Small business owner’s policy
Insurance for small businesses
Running a business is a full-time job — and then some. And whether you are the only employee or have a growing staff, you want peace of mind that your insurance coverage will protect what you’ve worked so hard to build. At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we have the expertise, coverages, and local resources to do just that.
We also know that you are busy and don’t want to spend your time figuring out the complexities of insurance. That’s why we offer our products exclusively through independent agents in your community who are skilled at matching our coverages with your specific needs.
A protective partnership
Small business solutions
We bundle property and liability coverages for more than 300 classes of businesses into a single policy that can be tailored to address your specific needs.
Our solutions include:
- Business owner’s policy (BOP). A BOP combines business property and general liability insurance in one policy and is designed for smaller businesses.
- Commercial package. A commercial package also offers property and general liability protection, along with broader coverage options and higher policy limits. This package provides a comprehensive solution for small and midsize businesses with more complex needs that may not be eligible for BOPs.
With our small business solutions, you get the protection of two key coverages in one convenient policy:
- General liability. Protects your business and employees against third-party lawsuits related to personal injury, property damage, and more
- Property. Protects your place of business and the equipment, furniture, and other physical assets inside in the event of theft or damage
You can also round out your coverage with other options, including:
- Commercial auto
- Equipment breakdown
- Inland marine
- Workers compensation
And every policy is backed by our financial strength and security as a Fortune 100 company.
Local advice and expertise
We know you have many choices when it comes to protecting your business. That’s why we work with independent agents and brokers who will help you select the right coverage.
As a national carrier with regional focus and local teams, we maintain strong relationships with our network of insurance professionals throughout the country. They know our products and services and are located close to you.
As your trusted insurance advisor, your agent or broker will work with you to understand your business insurance needs and risks, provide you with different choices, and find you the best solution in coverage and value.
Services in sync
When you work with us, we strive to deliver the best experience possible. Our customers benefit from:
- 24/7 claims reporting by telephone
- The expertise of more than 7,600 claims professionals countrywide who are committed to resolving claims quickly and fairly
- Online access to our secure portal to manage your account, pay bills, access policy documents, check claim status, and more
- Safety tools, materials, and guidance online or via telephone through our Risk Control Consulting Center
Whether we’re helping you improve workplace safety or recover from property damage, we’re ready to provide the support and tools you need so that you can focus on what matters most.
Get a quote
Are you looking for an insurance quote for your small business? By clicking the button below you’ll start the process by answering a few simple questions before being connected to an experienced agent.
Regardless of the industry you’re in, we are committed to finding the right policy and coverage for you.
Group programs for Northwest small businesses
Liberty Mutual’s group programs can provide Northwest companies with similar business needs quality property and casualty insurance plan selection and pricing options.Learn more
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.