Protection for firms, portfolios, and deals
Private equity firms are held to some of the most stringent regulations in any industry and continue to face pressure to deliver investor returns and competitive value. But driving growth in this complex environment creates unique risks that require specialized protection.
Firms across the world benefit from the flexibility and convenience of working with us for all their insurance needs. With a comprehensive array of coverages, an experienced private equity team, and global underwriting and claims expertise, we can provide tailored solutions for firms, their merger and acquisition deals, and the businesses in their portfolios.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
In the faced-paced mergers and acquisitions (M&A) environment, we believe that lasting relationships are the key to success. That’s why we’ve developed insurance solutions to serve firms’ needs now – and in the future, as they grow or change direction.
Whether it’s protecting a private equity firm or safeguarding changes to a portfolio, we bring a broad array of products that span core, specialty, and surety lines, including:
- Commercial auto
- Cyber liability
- Directors and officers
- Employment practices liability
- Environmental liability
- Fidelity/commercial crime
- Fiduciary (pension trust) liability
- General liability
- General partnership liability
- Inland marine
- M&A transaction liability solutions, including representations & warranties, tax liability, and contingent legal risk
- Medical stop loss
- Political risk
- Professional liability
- Trade credit
- Umbrella/excess liability
- Workers compensation
And every solution is backed by our financial strength, security, and capacity as a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
We welcome the challenges of the private equity sector. When you work with us, expect a steadfast and nimble team that is ready to meet your firm’s needs across the globe:
- A dedicated private equity team of professionals who understand the industry, act as a single point of contact, and keep customers’ programs moving forward
- Private equity underwriters with more than a decade of experience in the industry
- Underwriting, risk control, and claims teams with deep knowledge across portfolio company industries, from manufacturing to shared mobility
- A dedicated mergers and acquisitions insurance coverage group, Liberty Global Transaction Solutions, to provide targeted solutions for transactional liability risks
This combination of expertise and commitment enables us to develop practical, holistic solutions to address the nuances of the private equity sector and its evolving risks, from volatile economic cycles to a heightened regulatory environment.
Services in sync
Count on us to deliver responsive service and support, whether we’re helping you onboard smoothly, finalize a deal, or respond to a portfolio company’s loss. Our teams anticipate your needs, are responsive, and see every interaction as an opportunity to exceed expectations.
With our private equity offering, customers can benefit from:
- Specialized claims teams across specialty, property, casualty, and surety lines that are empowered to deliver positive outcomes
- A team with private practice and Lloyd’s market experience dedicated to managing complex M&A transactional liability claims
- A secure portal to manage your account and report casualty claims via our risk-management information system
- Safety and risk mitigation guidance and materials available online and by phone
Our specialized teams are ready to provide flexible insurance programs, proactive service, and high-quality claims experiences to help protect your firm, your portfolio, and your M&A deals.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.