Marine hull, P&I, and builder’s risk
Insurance for vessel owners
Today’s maritime industry faces its own unique challenges. Vessel owners and shipbuilders need the right risk-management solutions to help protect vessels wherever they are.
Our marine hull, protection and indemnity (P&I), and builder’s risk coverages offer that protection, helping cover accidental loss or damage to vessels on the water or at the dock and even ships under construction.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
The super-specialized world of shipbuilding and marine vessel ownership requires expert protection. Our marine hull, P&I, and builder’s risk solutions help safeguard shipyards, workboats, research or passenger vessels, tugs, coastal tankers, and more. Our coverages include:
- Marine hull insurance. This coverage helps cover physical loss or damage to vessels at the dock, during trips, or while operating.
- Marine protection and indemnity insurance. This solution helps cover third-party liabilities arising out of the operations of the vessel. Coverage can be also be extended to include Jones Act coverage providing protection for bodily injury to crew members.
- Marine builder’s risk insurance. This solution provides coverage for the shipyard or vessel owner for loss or damage of vessels during the course of construction.
- Hull, $15M capacity
- Optional P&I, including crew liability, available with hull coverage, $1M capacity
- Marine builder’s risk, $25M capacity
- Policy forms and coverages tailored to specific needs
- Multiline capabilities
- Annual and multiyear policy options
And every policy is backed by the financial strength, security, and capacity of a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
When you work with us, you’ll benefit from an integrated approach that brings together in-house marine specialists from underwriting, risk engineering, and claims.
Our dedicated marine underwriters, located across the country, have the industry expertise and local underwriting authority to tailor coverage to meet your needs.
Add our dedicated marine risk engineering and surveying teams that can help identify exposures, quantify costs, and recommend practical solutions along with local marine claims specialists who are focused on helping your business recover.
We combine this expertise with a customer-centric service approach that keeps your risk-management goals at the forefront and helps lower your total cost of risk.
Better control over claims
Damage to your working vessel can result in major expenses and lost time on the water. Our dedicated marine claims team focuses on mitigating loss and reducing downtime so your business can resume operations.
Our people are at the core of our success, and we empower them to make decisions and do their best for our customers every day. You’ll work with claims specialists with deep maritime experience who will:
- Deliver expert support and service
- Issue payments in a timely manner
- Leverage our worldwide claims, legal, and subrogation networks
If you experience a loss, we’re ready to help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.